𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐇𝐎 𝐊 – 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐋𝐄𝐀𝐑 𝐀𝐋𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐍𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐕𝐄 𝐓𝐎 𝐒𝐔𝐑𝐆𝐄𝐑𝐘
What is ORTHO K?
Orthokeratology, or ortho-k, is the use of specially designed and fitted hard contact lenses to temporarily reshape the cornea to improve vision. It’s like orthodontics for your eyes and the treatment is often compared to dental braces. Most ortho-k lenses are worn at night to reshape the front surface of the eye while you sleep. Therefore, you can see things clearly when you wake up after taking off your lenses. Vision improvements are reversible but can be maintained if you keep wearing the lenses as directed.
What are the benefits?
- Ortho K lenses correct vision without glasses or surgery
- Can be used for children and adult
- Can slow down progression of myopia (nearsightedness)
- Requires wearing of Ortho-K lens only during sleep, does not affect daytime activities or sports
- Reversible and safe
- Alternative for those not ready for or qualified for LASIK
How long does this method take to achieve results?
What is the degree of myopia correction?
And how to use it?
Let American Eye Center help you answer these questions