Treating Pink Eye
Most pink eye will go away on its own in a week or two. Whether you can relieve pink eye (also known as conjunctivitis) at home depends on what kind of pink eye you have and how bad it is. You should see your ophthalmologist right away if:
● You're in pain or are having trouble seeing
● You become sensitive to light
● Your symptoms have continued for a week or more, or are getting worse
● Your eye is producing a lot of pus or mucus
● You have any other symptoms of an infection, like fever or achiness
Pink eye is a common cause of school absences and can spread quickly in schools. Make sure your kids know how to keep from getting pink eye and other infections.